50.2% of All industries local workers in the City of Mandurah are employed part-time and 47.9% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the City of Mandurah across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|City of Mandurah - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Health Care and Social Assistance%||Number||%||Health Care and Social Assistance%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,734||17.5||11.8||3,179||17.1||13.8||+555|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,915||13.7||17.3||2,462||13.3||17.9||+453|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,267||15.3||23.4||2,665||14.3||22.3||+602|
|35 hours - 39 hours||3,548||16.7||21.6||2,979||16.0||18.3||+569|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,462||6.9||4.4||1,412||7.6||4.9||+50|
|49 hours or more||2,259||10.6||6.9||2,137||11.5||7.4||+122|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Mandurah in 2016 compared to the Health Care and Social Assistance workforce within the City of Mandurah shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 50.2% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 47.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 57.2% and 41.8% respectively for the Health Care and Social Assistance workforce within the City of Mandurah.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Mandurah and the Health Care and Social Assistance workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (17.5% compared to 11.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (15.3% compared to 23.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.7% compared to 21.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (13.8% compared to 8.9%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the City of Mandurah between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+602 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+569 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+555 local workers)
- 40 hours (+454 local workers)