Maranoa Regional Council
Resident workers - Field of qualification
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Maranoa Regional Council's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Maranoa Regional Council or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Maranoa Regional Council, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Maranoa Regional Council - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||43||0.7||1.7||54||0.8||1.5||-11|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||763||12.0||11.6||681||10.1||11.6||+82|
|Architecture and Building||242||3.8||4.8||223||3.3||4.6||+19|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||337||5.3||1.5||340||5.1||1.4||-3|
|Management and Commerce||625||9.8||13.5||513||7.6||11.7||+112|
|Society and Culture||312||4.9||7.9||299||4.4||6.6||+13|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||224||3.5||4.0||214||3.2||3.7||+10|
|Mixed Field Programmes||7||0.1||0.1||3||0.0||0.1||+4|
|Not stated or inadequately described||219||3.4||2.6||207||3.1||3.3||+12|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Maranoa Regional Council shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (All industries) were qualified in were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (763 people or 12.0%)
- Management and Commerce (625 people or 9.8%)
- Health (439 people or 6.9%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 1,827 people in total or 28.7% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Queensland employed 11.6% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 13.5% in Management and Commerce and 7.7% in Health.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers () of Maranoa Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (5.3% compared to 1.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Management and Commerce (9.8% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Society and Culture (4.9% compared to 7.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Creative Arts (0.6% compared to 2.2%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Maranoa Regional Council decreased by 366 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (All industries) between 2011 and 2016 in Maranoa Regional Council was for those qualified in:
- Management and Commerce (+112 resident workers)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (+82 resident workers)
- Health (+50 resident workers)
- Education (+32 resident workers)