Maranoa Regional Council
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Managers in Maranoa Regional Council than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Maranoa Regional Council's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Maranoa Regional Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||841||13.2||14.3||952||14.2||14.9||-111|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||544||8.6||11.3||510||7.6||10.0||+34|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||761||12.0||13.6||838||12.5||14.7||-77|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||585||9.2||6.9||694||10.3||7.3||-109|
|Inadequately described or not stated||92||1.4||1.6||134||2.0||1.8||-42|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Maranoa Regional Council in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (1,456 people or 22.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (841 people or 13.2%)
- Labourers (824 people or 13.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 3,121 people in total or 49.1% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Queensland employed 12.1% in Managers; 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers and 10.5% in Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Maranoa Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (22.9% compared to 12.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (12.5% compared to 19.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (8.6% compared to 11.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (7.1% compared to 9.7%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Maranoa Regional Council decreased by 367 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Maranoa Regional Council were those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-111 persons)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-109 persons)
- Managers (-106 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-77 persons)