Maranoa Regional Council
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
26.8% of All industries local workers in Maranoa Regional Council are employed part-time and 71.1% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Maranoa Regional Council across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Maranoa Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||550||7.8||11.0||493||6.8||10.5||+57|
|16 hours - 24 hours||421||6.0||9.4||422||5.9||8.9||-1|
|25 hours - 34 hours||554||7.9||12.0||555||7.7||10.9||-1|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,023||14.5||19.3||907||12.6||18.3||+116|
|41 hours - 48 hours||589||8.4||9.4||602||8.4||10.6||-13|
|49 hours or more||2,319||32.9||16.4||2,523||35.0||18.5||-204|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in Maranoa Regional Council in 2016 compared to Queensland within Maranoa Regional Council shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 26.8% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 71.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.9% and 62.3% respectively for Queensland within Maranoa Regional Council.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in Maranoa Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 16 hours - 24 hours (6.0% compared to 9.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (7.9% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.5% compared to 19.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (32.9% compared to 16.4%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in Maranoa Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-204 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+116 local workers)
- Not stated (-68 local workers)
- 40 hours (-68 local workers)