29.0% of the resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) in Maribyrnong City work 40 or more hours, compared to 31.6% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Maribyrnong City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Maribyrnong City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Maribyrnong - Administrative and Support Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||204||11.5||17.0||169||11.1||14.9||+35|
|16 hours - 24 hours||420||23.6||15.2||274||18.0||13.3||+146|
|25 hours - 34 hours||217||12.2||13.1||164||10.8||12.2||+53|
|35 hours - 39 hours||347||19.5||18.8||339||22.2||18.7||+8|
|41 hours - 48 hours||105||5.9||6.6||112||7.3||7.7||-7|
|49 hours or more||138||7.8||9.1||161||10.6||10.8||-23|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Maribyrnong City's resident workers in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 50.6% of the resident workers in Administrative and Support Services worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 48.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 48.2% and 50.5% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) of Maribyrnong City and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.5% compared to 17.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (23.6% compared to 15.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.2% compared to 13.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (7.8% compared to 9.1%)
The number of the resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Maribyrnong City increased by 5 people (0.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) in Maribyrnong City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+146 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+53 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+35 persons)
- 40 hours (+27 persons)