In 2018, the Household services sector accounted for 43.0% of employment in Maribyrnong City. The importance of this sector has increased over the last 10 years (35.4% in 2007)
Understanding the economic role of Maribyrnong City provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the Maribyrnong City's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
|Public administration and safety||2,120||4.7||1,732||4.3||1,621||4.3||23500||499.2520|
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||118||0.3||68||0.2||43||0.1||23000||75.0266|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2018. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more