There are more resident workers (All industries) Professionals in the City of Moreland than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the City of Moreland's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Moreland||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||9,260||11.5||4.3||8,561||12.3||4.2||+699|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||8,206||10.2||18.7||6,280||9.0||18.8||+1,926|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||10,824||13.5||27.3||10,703||15.3||28.9||+121|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||3,387||4.2||0.8||3,471||5.0||0.9||-84|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,331||1.7||2.3||1,732||2.5||5.0||-401|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the City of Moreland in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (25,028 people or 31.1%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (10,824 people or 13.5%)
- Managers (9,805 people or 12.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 45,657 people in total or 56.8% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, the Public Administration and Safety workforce in the City of Moreland employed 30.9% in Professionals; 27.3% in Clerical and Administrative Workers and 13.1% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Moreland and Public Administration and Safety were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (13.5% compared to 27.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (10.2% compared to 18.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (8.5% compared to 0.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (11.5% compared to 4.3%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the City of Moreland increased by 10,502 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Moreland were those employed as:
- Professionals (+4,749 persons)
- Managers (+2,030 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,926 persons)
- Sales Workers (+812 persons)