City of Moreland
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Health Care and Social Assistance) professionals in the City of Moreland than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Moreland's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Moreland||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||322||3.4||3.4||286||3.6||3.5||+36||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,512||26.6||30.6||2,021||25.3||28.5||+491||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,201||12.7||13.5||1,120||14.0||14.3||+81||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||62||0.7||0.7||62||0.8||0.7||0||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||48||0.5||0.5||90||1.1||1.1||-42||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Health Care and Social Assistance) in City of Moreland in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (4,492 people or 47.5%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (2,512 people or 26.6%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (1,201 people or 12.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 8,205 people in total or 86.8% of the resident workers (Health Care and Social Assistance).
In comparison, Victoria employed 41.5% in Professionals; 30.6% in Community and Personal Service Workers; and 13.5% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Health Care and Social Assistance) of the City of Moreland and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Health Care and Social Assistance) employed as Professionals (47.5% compared to 41.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Health Care and Social Assistance) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (26.6% compared to 30.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Health Care and Social Assistance) employed as Labourers (2.8% compared to 4.1%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Health Care and Social Assistance)] in City of Moreland increased by 1,452 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Health Care and Social Assistance) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Moreland were for those employed as:
- Professionals (+794 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+491 people)
- Managers (+95 people)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+81 people)