City of Moreland
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Moreland, the workforce has a similar proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Moreland - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||13,139||33.9||33.3||9,946||28.2||28.6||+3,193|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||4,825||12.4||11.5||3,869||11.0||10.4||+956|
|Certificate I and II Level||346||0.9||1.0||364||1.0||1.1||-18|
|Certificate III & IV Level||6,363||16.4||18.1||5,808||16.5||17.9||+555|
|Certificate Level, nfd||686||1.8||1.8||603||1.7||1.5||+83|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,173||3.0||2.8||1,614||4.6||4.0||-441|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Moreland in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 65.3% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 31.6% had no qualifications, compared with 65.7% and 31.6% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Moreland and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (16.4% compared to 18.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (12.4% compared to 11.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (33.9% compared to 33.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Inadequately described or not stated (3.0% compared to 2.8%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Moreland between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+3,193 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+956 local workers)
- No qualification (-733 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+555 local workers)