In the City of Moreland, 22.1% of workers were Professionals, compared to 53.6% in Construction.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Moreland will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Moreland;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Moreland - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Construction||Number||%||Construction||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||5,475||14.1||53.6||5,173||14.7||53.1||+302|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||5,860||15.1||0.1||4,176||11.9||0.1||+1,684|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||4,372||11.3||8.3||4,416||12.5||10.3||-44|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||2,385||6.1||4.6||2,550||7.2||4.2||-165|
|Inadequately described or not stated||629||1.6||0.6||823||2.3||1.5||-194|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the City of Moreland in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (8,569 local workers or 22.1%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (5,860 local workers or 15.1%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (5,475 local workers or 14.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 19,904 people in total or 51.3% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, the Construction workforce in the City of Moreland employed 2.6% as Professionals; 0.1% as Community and Personal Service Workers and 53.6% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Moreland and Construction were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (14.1% compared to 53.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (22.1% compared to 2.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (15.1% compared to 0.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (10.0% compared to 1.5%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Moreland between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,684 local workers)
- Professionals (+1,159 local workers)
- Sales Workers (+384 local workers)
- Managers (+365 local workers)