City of Moreland
Local workers - Occupations - Administrative and Support Services
In the City of Moreland (Administrative and Support Services), 37.7% of workers were Labourers, compared to 36.4% in Victoria.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Moreland will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Moreland;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Moreland - Administrative and Support Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||79||8.4||9.6||66||8.1||10.0||+13|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||85||9.0||8.6||69||8.5||8.0||+16|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||141||14.9||15.9||111||13.6||16.9||+30|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||28||3.0||3.6||20||2.5||3.2||+8|
|Inadequately described or not stated||9||1.0||1.0||14||1.7||1.8||-5|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Administrative and Support Services workforce in the City of Moreland in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (357 local workers or 37.7%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (141 local workers or 14.9%)
- Managers (122 local workers or 12.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 620 people in total or 65.5% of the Administrative and Support Services local workers.
In comparison, Victoria employed 36.4% as Labourers; 15.9% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 10.4% as Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Administrative and Support Services workforce in the City of Moreland and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Administrative and Support Services) employed as Managers (12.9% compared to 10.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Administrative and Support Services) employed as Professionals (10.6% compared to 12.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Administrative and Support Services) employed as Labourers (37.7% compared to 36.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Administrative and Support Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (8.4% compared to 9.6%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Administrative and Support Services workforce in the City of Moreland between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Labourers (+54 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+30 local workers)
- Managers (+26 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+16 local workers)