Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Moreton Bay Region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Moreton Bay Region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Moreton Bay Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||20,631||10.9||11.0||18,001||10.3||10.4||+2,630|
|16 hours - 24 hours||17,633||9.3||9.4||15,601||8.9||8.8||+2,032|
|25 hours - 34 hours||23,153||12.2||12.0||19,344||11.1||10.8||+3,809|
|35 hours - 39 hours||39,271||20.7||19.2||34,717||19.9||18.1||+4,554|
|41 hours - 48 hours||17,635||9.3||9.4||17,697||10.1||10.5||-62|
|49 hours or more||27,508||14.5||16.6||27,794||15.9||18.4||-286|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Moreton Bay Region's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.9% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 62.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Moreton Bay Region and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.2% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (20.7% compared to 19.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (17.8% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.5% compared to 16.6%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Moreton Bay Region increased by 7420 people (6.7%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Moreton Bay Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+4,554 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+3,809 persons)
- 40 hours (+3,214 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+2,630 persons)