In the Murweh Shire, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Murweh Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||343||17.2||25.1||321||14.2||21.5||+22|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||166||8.3||10.9||180||8.0||9.3||-14|
|Certificate I and II Level||41||2.1||1.3||38||1.7||1.5||+3|
|Certificate III & IV Level||405||20.4||23.0||427||18.9||21.6||-22|
|Certificate Level, nfd||27||1.4||2.0||38||1.7||1.7||-11|
|Inadequately described or not stated||85||4.3||2.7||105||4.6||3.8||-20|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Murweh Shire in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 49.3% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 46.4% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Murweh Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (46.4% compared to 35.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.2% compared to 25.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (20.4% compared to 23.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.3% compared to 10.9%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Murweh Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-231 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+22 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-22 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-14 local workers)