Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the City of Onkaparinga across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2021|
|City of Onkaparinga - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||7,103||16.0||12.3||6,333||16.8||12.8||+770|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5,675||12.8||11.0||4,646||12.3||10.4||+1,029|
|25 hours - 34 hours||7,002||15.8||13.8||5,719||15.2||13.1||+1,283|
|35 hours - 39 hours||8,993||20.2||22.6||6,919||18.3||20.6||+2,074|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,566||8.0||8.7||3,057||8.1||9.2||+509|
|49 hours or more||4,082||9.2||11.1||4,160||11.0||13.0||-78|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Onkaparinga in 2021compared to South Australia within the City of Onkaparinga shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 48.5% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 50.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 41.4% and 57.2% respectively for South Australia within the City of Onkaparinga.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Onkaparinga and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (16.0% compared to 12.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (15.8% compared to 13.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (20.2% compared to 22.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (12.8% compared to 14.8%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the City of Onkaparinga between 2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+2,074 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,283 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+1,029 local workers)
- 40 hours (+788 local workers)