There are more resident workers (All industries) Managers in Parkes Shire than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Parkes Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||857||14.7||12.7||885||14.7||13.2||-28|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||617||10.6||10.4||581||9.6||9.5||+36|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||650||11.1||13.8||743||12.3||15.1||-93|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||602||10.3||6.1||682||11.3||6.4||-80|
|Inadequately described or not stated||112||1.9||1.8||90||1.5||1.8||+22|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Parkes Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (1,016 people or 17.4%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (857 people or 14.7%)
- Professionals (856 people or 14.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,729 people in total or 46.7% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 13.5% in Managers; 12.7% in Technicians and Trades Workers and 23.6% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Parkes Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (14.7% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (10.3% compared to 6.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (17.4% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.1% compared to 13.8%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Parkes Shire decreased by 190 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Parkes Shire were those employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-93 persons)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-80 persons)
- Managers (-51 persons)
- Sales Workers (-45 persons)