In Parkes Shire, 18.1% of workers were Managers, compared to 23.6% in New South Wales.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Parkes Shire will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Parkes Shire;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Parkes Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||758||13.5||12.7||833||14.0||13.2||-75|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||620||11.0||10.4||578||9.7||9.5||+42|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||648||11.5||13.8||750||12.6||15.0||-102|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||547||9.7||6.1||608||10.2||6.4||-61|
|Inadequately described or not stated||98||1.7||1.8||80||1.3||1.8||+18|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Parkes Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (1,016 local workers or 18.1%)
- Professionals (877 local workers or 15.6%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (758 local workers or 13.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,651 people in total or 47.2% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 13.5% as Managers; 23.6% as Professionals and 12.7% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Parkes Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (15.6% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (18.1% compared to 13.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (9.7% compared to 6.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.5% compared to 13.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Parkes Shire between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-102 local workers)
- Managers (-84 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-75 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-61 local workers)