City of Playford
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Playford, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to South Australia.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Playford - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||5,477||22.6||25.9||4,234||18.0||22.1||+1,243|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||2,474||10.2||10.6||1,932||8.2||9.4||+542|
|Certificate I and II Level||470||1.9||1.5||465||2.0||1.6||+5|
|Certificate III & IV Level||4,869||20.1||21.4||4,603||19.5||20.0||+266|
|Certificate Level, nfd||481||2.0||2.2||425||1.8||1.9||+56|
|Inadequately described or not stated||684||2.8||2.7||981||4.2||3.9||-297|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Playford in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 56.8% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.4% had no qualifications, compared with 61.5% and 35.8% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Playford and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (40.4% compared to 35.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (22.6% compared to 25.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (20.1% compared to 21.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.2% compared to 10.6%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Playford between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+1,243 local workers)
- No qualification (-1,123 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+542 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+266 local workers)