City of Playford
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Within the City of Playford, the workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to South Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local worers in City of Playford will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in City of Playford;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note: Currently only 2016 data are available for work destination. 2011 data are not comparable due to a change in methodology in 2016 which “imputed” a work destination to those workers who didn’t state their work destination. This means comparisons with earlier years should not be made. .id are currently sourcing data collected under the same methodology in 2011 which will be added to this page at a later date. For a detailed case study of this issue please visit our blog post.
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Playford - All industries||2016|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia %|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,362||9.7||13.4||0||--||--||+2,362||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3,434||14.2||12.0||0||--||--||+3,434||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,220||9.2||13.4||0||--||--||+2,220||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,615||6.7||6.1||0||--||--||+1,615||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||426||1.8||1.5||0||--||--||+426||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id, the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the in City of Playford in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (4,964 local workers or 20.5%)
- Labourers (3,667 local workers or 15.1%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (3,434 local workers or 14.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 12,065 people in total or 49.8% of the local workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 20.2% as Professionals; 11.1% as Labourers; and 12.0% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the in the City of Playford and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (15.1% compared to 11.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (14.2% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (9.2% compared to 13.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (9.7% compared to 13.4%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the in the City of Playford between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Professionals (+4,964 local workers)
- Labourers (+3,667 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+3,434 local workers)
- Sales Workers (+2,832 local workers)