In the City of Playford, 20.5% of workers were Professionals, compared to 41.8% in Arts and Recreation Services.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Playford will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Playford;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Playford - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,362||9.7||11.5||2,712||11.5||6.7||-350|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3,434||14.2||41.8||2,692||11.4||32.6||+742|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,220||9.2||6.6||2,181||9.3||12.6||+39|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,615||6.7||0||1,719||7.3||5.2||-104|
|Inadequately described or not stated||426||1.8||2.7||397||1.7||2.2||+29|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the City of Playford in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (4,964 local workers or 20.5%)
- Labourers (3,667 local workers or 15.1%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (3,434 local workers or 14.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 12,065 people in total or 49.8% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the City of Playford employed 7.1% as Professionals; 8.2% as Labourers and 41.8% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Playford and Arts and Recreation Services were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (14.2% compared to 41.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (20.5% compared to 7.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (15.1% compared to 8.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (9.2% compared to 6.6%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Playford between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+742 local workers)
- Professionals (+692 local workers)
- Labourers (-528 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-350 local workers)