City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the City of Port Adelaide Enfield's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||20||0.7||0.8||22||0.8||0.7||-2||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||463||16.9||17.0||416||15.7||15.9||+47||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||50||1.8||2.0||53||2.0||1.8||-3||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||27||1.0||1.3||29||1.1||1.1||-2||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||367||13.4||12.0||298||11.3||9.7||+69||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||92||3.4||3.3||111||4.2||2.7||-19||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||79||2.9||2.7||60||2.3||2.3||+19||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||5||0.2||0.1||3||0.1||0.0||+2||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||95||3.5||3.6||122||4.6||4.6||-27||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) were qualified in were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (463 people or 16.9%)
- Management and Commerce (367 people or 13.4%)
- Society and Culture (92 people or 3.4%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 922 people in total or 33.7% of the resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing).
In comparison, South Australia employed 17.0% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 12.0% in Management and Commerce; and 3.3% in Society and Culture.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) qualified in Management and Commerce (13.4% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) qualified in Information Technology (2.8% compared to 1.7%)
The number of resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield increased by 90 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield was for those qualified in:
- Management and Commerce (+69 people)