City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Resident workers - Hours worked
34.8% of the resident workers in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield work 40 or more hours, compared to 46.0% in Wholesale Trade.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Port Adelaide Enfield's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||6,129||11.7||4.5||5,307||10.8||6.0||+822||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5,252||10.0||5.7||4,754||9.7||6.1||+498||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||6,781||13.0||7.8||5,617||11.4||8.5||+1,164||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||13,187||25.2||32.6||11,989||24.4||29.5||+1,198||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||4,680||9.0||12.2||4,916||10.0||13.3||-236||22007|
|49 hours or more||5,398||10.3||11.4||5,657||11.5||12.7||-259||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Port Adelaide Enfield's resident workers in 2016 compared to Wholesale Trade shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.2% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 60.0% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 20.6% and 78.5% respectively for Wholesale Trade.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and Wholesale Trade were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.7% compared to 4.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.0% compared to 7.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (25.2% compared to 32.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (15.5% compared to 22.4%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield increased by 907 people (3.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,198 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,164 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+822 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+498 people)