34.8% of the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield work 40 or more hours, compared to 46.0% in Wholesale Trade.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Port Adelaide Enfield's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Port Adelaide Enfield depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||6,129||11.7||4.5||5,307||10.8||6.0||+822|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5,252||10.0||5.7||4,754||9.7||6.1||+498|
|25 hours - 34 hours||6,781||13.0||7.8||5,617||11.4||8.5||+1,164|
|35 hours - 39 hours||13,187||25.2||32.6||11,989||24.4||29.5||+1,198|
|41 hours - 48 hours||4,680||9.0||12.2||4,916||10.0||13.3||-236|
|49 hours or more||5,398||10.3||11.4||5,657||11.5||12.7||-259|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Port Adelaide Enfield's resident workers in 2016 compared to Wholesale Trade shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.2% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 60.0% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 20.6% and 78.5% respectively for Wholesale Trade.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and the Wholesale Trade workforce were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.7% compared to 4.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.0% compared to 7.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (25.2% compared to 32.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (15.5% compared to 22.4%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield increased by 907 people (3.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,198 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,164 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+822 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+498 persons)