City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Resident workers - Hours worked
23.7% of the female resident workers in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield work 40 or more hours, compared to 35.1% in Wholesale Trade.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Port Adelaide Enfield's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,847||15.4||6.3||3,436||15.0||10.5||+411||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,469||13.9||9.5||3,081||13.4||11.2||+388||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||4,304||17.3||13.9||3,589||15.6||14.2||+715||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||5,944||23.8||32.5||5,388||23.5||29.9||+556||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,516||6.1||8.3||1,551||6.8||8.3||-35||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,571||6.3||5.8||1,534||6.7||6.5||+37||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Port Adelaide Enfield's female resident workers in 2016 compared to Wholesale Trade shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 51.0% of the female resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 47.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 32.5% and 67.5% respectively for Wholesale Trade.
The major differences between the hours worked by the female resident workers of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and Wholesale Trade were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (15.4% compared to 6.3%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (13.9% compared to 9.5%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 40 hours (11.3% compared to 21.0%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (23.8% compared to 32.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the female resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield increased by 571 people (5.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the female resident workers in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+715 females)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+556 females)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+411 females)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+388 females)