City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Professionals in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||7,017||13.4||13.4||7,016||14.3||14.1||+1|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||6,661||12.7||12.0||5,542||11.3||10.5||+1,119|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||7,110||13.6||13.3||7,273||14.8||14.4||-163|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||3,485||6.7||6.1||3,663||7.4||6.4||-178|
|Inadequately described or not stated||907||1.7||1.5||1,003||2.0||1.6||-96|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (10,797 people or 20.7%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (7,110 people or 13.6%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (7,017 people or 13.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 24,924 people in total or 47.7% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, South Australia employed 20.3% in Professionals; 13.3% in Clerical and Administrative Workers and 13.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (9.8% compared to 12.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (12.3% compared to 11.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (12.7% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (6.7% compared to 6.1%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield increased by 3,053 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield were those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,234 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,119 persons)
- Managers (+580 persons)
- Sales Workers (+372 persons)