City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers professionals in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Port Adelaide Enfield's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Accommodation and Food Services%||Number||%||Accommodation and Food Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||7,017||13.4||16.8||7,016||14.3||15.3||+1||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||6,661||12.7||26.6||5,542||11.3||26.5||+1,119||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||7,110||13.6||3.0||7,273||14.8||3.1||-163||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||3,485||6.7||1.6||3,663||7.4||1.6||-178||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||907||1.7||0.7||1,003||2.0||1.1||-96||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in City of Port Adelaide Enfield in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (10,797 people or 20.7%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (7,110 people or 13.6%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (7,017 people or 13.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 24,924 people in total or 47.7% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Accommodation and Food Services employed 0.6% in Professionals; 3.0% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; and 16.8% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and Accommodation and Food Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (20.7% compared to 0.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (13.6% compared to 3.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (12.7% compared to 26.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (12.3% compared to 23.9%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in City of Port Adelaide Enfield increased by 3,053 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield were for those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,234 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,119 people)
- Managers (+580 people)
- Sales Workers (+372 people)