City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in City of Port Adelaide Enfield across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||5,885||9.3||12.8||4,554||7.5||12.0||+1,331|
|16 hours - 24 hours||4,808||7.6||10.4||4,154||6.8||9.9||+654|
|25 hours - 34 hours||6,692||10.6||13.1||5,392||8.9||11.8||+1,300|
|35 hours - 39 hours||15,742||24.9||20.6||14,626||24.1||20.0||+1,116|
|41 hours - 48 hours||7,550||12.0||9.2||7,978||13.1||10.4||-428|
|49 hours or more||8,598||13.6||13.0||9,693||15.9||14.5||-1,095|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in City of Port Adelaide Enfield in 2016 compared to South Australia within City of Port Adelaide Enfield shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 30.6% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 67.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.2% respectively for South Australia within City of Port Adelaide Enfield.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in City of Port Adelaide Enfield and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (9.3% compared to 12.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 16 hours - 24 hours (7.6% compared to 10.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (24.9% compared to 20.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (12.0% compared to 9.2%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in City of Port Adelaide Enfield between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+1,331 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,300 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,116 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (-1,095 local workers)