City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Port Adelaide Enfield, the workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Wholesale Trade.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Wholesale Trade||Number||%||Wholesale Trade||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||11,623||18.4||13.4||9,262||15.2||7.5||+2,361|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||6,473||10.2||9.0||5,143||8.5||6.4||+1,330|
|Certificate I and II Level||972||1.5||1.5||880||1.4||1.7||+92|
|Certificate III & IV Level||16,293||25.8||27.6||14,877||24.5||25.2||+1,416|
|Certificate Level, nfd||1,304||2.1||2.1||1,021||1.7||1.8||+283|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,696||2.7||1.9||2,589||4.3||4.1||-893|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield in 2016 compared to Wholesale Trade shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 58.0% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 39.3% had no qualifications, compared with 53.6% and 44.5% respectively for Wholesale Trade.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and Wholesale Trade were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualification (39.3% compared to 44.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (18.4% compared to 13.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (25.8% compared to 27.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.2% compared to 9.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+2,361 local workers)
- No qualification (-2,235 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+1,416 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+1,330 local workers)