City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the City of Port Adelaide Enfield, 16.2% of workers were Technicians and Trades Workers, compared to 18.7% in Wholesale Trade.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Wholesale Trade||Number||%||Wholesale Trade||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||10,217||16.2||13.2||10,280||16.9||11.1||-63|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||6,892||10.9||0.1||5,608||9.2||0.2||+1,284|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||7,529||11.9||17.6||7,950||13.1||18.7||-421|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||8,456||13.4||18.7||8,905||14.6||20.2||-449|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,075||1.7||1.0||1,260||2.1||1.3||-185|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (10,217 local workers or 16.2%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (8,456 local workers or 13.4%)
- Professionals (7,930 local workers or 12.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 26,603 people in total or 42.1% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield employed 13.2% as Technicians and Trades Workers; 18.7% as Machinery Operators And Drivers and 10.9% as Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and Wholesale Trade were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (10.9% compared to 0.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Managers (11.6% compared to 17.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.9% compared to 17.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (13.4% compared to 18.7%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,284 local workers)
- Sales Workers (+1,206 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-449 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-421 local workers)