Town of Port Hedland
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
21.9% of All industries local workers in the Town of Port Hedland are employed part-time and 75.7% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Town of Port Hedland across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Town of Port Hedland - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||460||4.9||11.9||352||3.7||10.8||+108|
|16 hours - 24 hours||378||4.0||9.9||353||3.7||9.2||+25|
|25 hours - 34 hours||518||5.5||10.6||438||4.6||9.5||+80|
|35 hours - 39 hours||940||9.9||17.1||840||8.7||15.8||+100|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,031||10.9||9.4||1,014||10.5||11.0||+17|
|49 hours or more||4,222||44.5||17.7||4,658||48.4||20.2||-436|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the Town of Port Hedland in 2016 compared to Western Australia within the Town of Port Hedland shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 21.9% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 75.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.4% and 61.9% respectively for Western Australia within the Town of Port Hedland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the Town of Port Hedland and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (4.9% compared to 11.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (9.9% compared to 17.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (10.3% compared to 17.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (44.5% compared to 17.7%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the Town of Port Hedland between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-436 local workers)
- 40 hours (-128 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+108 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+100 local workers)