Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more female resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area's female resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||NSW%||Number||%||NSW%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||378||2.7||2.2||324||2.4||2.0||+54||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||186||1.3||1.5||164||1.2||1.4||+22||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||94||0.7||0.8||85||0.6||0.7||+9||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||170||1.2||0.8||138||1.0||0.8||+32||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||2,752||19.4||20.5||2,496||18.3||19.0||+256||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||1,882||13.3||12.0||1,602||11.7||10.3||+280||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||616||4.3||4.1||541||4.0||4.0||+75||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||10||0.1||0.1||6||0.0||0.1||+4||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||368||2.6||2.5||448||3.3||3.2||-80||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area shows that the three largest fields the female resident workers were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (2,752 people or 19.4%)
- Society and Culture (1,882 people or 13.3%)
- Health (1,264 people or 8.9%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 5,898 people in total or 41.6% of the female resident workers .
In comparison, NSW employed 20.5% in Management and Commerce; 12.0% in Society and Culture; and 11.2% in Health.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the female resident workers of the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers qualified in Society and Culture (13.3% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers qualified in Health (8.9% compared to 11.2%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers qualified in Education (7.5% compared to 8.6%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce (19.4% compared to 20.5%)
The number of female resident workers in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area increased by 507 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the field of qualifications held by the female resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area were for those qualified in:
- Society and Culture (+280 females)
- Management and Commerce (+256 females)
- Education (+198 females)
- Health (+173 females)