Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
46.9% of the resident workers in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in NSW.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||NSW%||Number||%||NSW%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,629||8.9||10.8||2,328||8.1||10.4||+301||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,099||7.1||10.4||2,156||7.5||9.7||-57||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,867||9.8||10.5||2,515||8.8||9.8||+352||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||6,301||21.4||19.1||5,956||20.7||18.2||+345||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,242||11.0||9.1||3,456||12.0||10.0||-214||22007|
|49 hours or more||4,469||15.2||14.9||4,689||16.3||16.4||-220||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 29.9% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 68.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (21.4% compared to 19.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (11.0% compared to 9.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (7.1% compared to 10.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (8.9% compared to 10.8%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area increased by 244 people (1.2%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+352 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+345 people)
- 40 hours (+333 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+301 people)