Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Resident workers - Qualifications
75.0% of the female resident workers (Mining) in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area have qualifications, compared to 67.2% for NSW.
Education is an essential means of building the knowledge and skill levels of the labour force, which is a key factor in achieving future economic and social development.
The level of educational attainment for the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area's female resident workforce relates to a number of factors including:
- The age structure of the female resident workforce;
- The professional or social ambitions of people to obtain qualifications (that is, to seek education and retraining);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling, and;
- The knowledge and skill requirements of the local industries.
Qualification should be looked at in conjunction with Income, Occupation and Field of qualification for a clearer picture of the knowledge and skill level of Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the Qualifications of local resident worker with local workers, Qualifications statistics indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers qualifications|
|Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||NSW%||Number||%||NSW%||2011 to 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||0||0.0||30.6||0||0.0||29.1||0||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||6||50.0||11.4||0||0.0||10.1||+6||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||0||0.0||2.5||0||0.0||3.1||0||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||0||0.0||19.7||0||0.0||16.9||0||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||3||25.0||2.9||0||0.0||2.4||+3||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||0||0.0||3.0||0||0.0||4.1||0||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the female resident workers (Mining) in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a higher proportion of females holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion of females with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 75.0% of the female resident workers (Mining) held educational qualifications, and 25.0% had no qualifications, compared with 67.2% and 29.8% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between qualifications held by the female resident workers (Mining) of the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers (Mining) with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (50.0% compared to 11.4%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers (Mining) with Certificate Level, nfds (25.0% compared to 2.9%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers (Mining) with Bachelor or Higher degrees (0.0% compared to 30.6%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers (Mining) with Certificate III & IV Levels (0.0% compared to 19.7%)
There were no major changes in the qualifications held by the female resident workers (Mining) in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016.