Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Resident workers - Qualifications
64.0% of the female resident workers in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area have qualifications, compared to 66.4% for NSW.
Education is an essential means of building the knowledge and skill levels of the labour force, which is a key factor in achieving future economic and social development.
The level of educational attainment for the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area's female resident workforce relates to a number of factors including:
- The age structure of the female resident workforce;
- The professional or social ambitions of people to obtain qualifications (that is, to seek education and retraining);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling, and;
- The knowledge and skill requirements of the local industries.
Qualification should be looked at in conjunction with Income, Occupation and Field of qualification for a clearer picture of the knowledge and skill level of Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the Qualifications of local resident worker with local workers, Qualifications statistics indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers qualifications|
|Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||NSW%||Number||%||NSW%||2011 to 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||4,613||32.6||36.5||3,855||28.2||30.9||+758||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||1,950||13.8||13.1||1,680||12.3||12.3||+270||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||266||1.9||1.6||250||1.8||2.0||+16||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||1,868||13.2||12.4||1,646||12.0||11.6||+222||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||367||2.6||2.9||349||2.6||2.6||+18||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||338||2.4||3.1||604||4.4||5.0||-266||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the female resident workers in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a lower proportion of females holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion of females with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 64.0% of the female resident workers held educational qualifications, and 33.6% had no qualifications, compared with 66.4% and 30.5% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between qualifications held by the female resident workers of the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers with No qualifications (33.6% compared to 30.5%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (32.6% compared to 36.5%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the female resident workers in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degrees (+758 females )
- No qualifications (-524 females )
- Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (+270 females )
- Certificate III & IV Levels (+222 females )