Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
33.7% of All industries local workers in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area are employed part-time and 64.4% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||NSW%||Number||%||NSW%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,715||11.7||10.8||1,612||11.2||10.5||+103|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,226||8.3||10.5||1,255||8.7||9.8||-29|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,553||10.6||10.5||1,343||9.4||9.9||+210|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,642||18.0||19.1||2,399||16.7||18.3||+243|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,565||10.6||9.1||1,516||10.6||10.1||+49|
|49 hours or more||2,562||17.4||14.9||2,668||18.6||16.6||-106|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area in 2016 compared to NSW within the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 33.7% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 64.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for NSW within the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area and NSW were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 16 hours - 24 hours (8.3% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (18.4% compared to 20.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (10.6% compared to 9.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (17.4% compared to 14.9%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+243 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+210 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (-106 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+103 local workers)