Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to NSW.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Educational Qualification statistics should be looked at in conjunction with Field of qualification and Occupations data for a full education analysis for the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||NSW||Number||%||NSW||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||3,478||23.7||32.6||2,869||20.0||27.9||+609|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||1,492||10.1||11.1||1,245||8.7||10.5||+247|
|Certificate I and II Level||211||1.4||1.2||209||1.5||1.4||+2|
|Certificate III & IV Level||3,615||24.6||18.7||3,368||23.5||18.8||+247|
|Certificate Level, nfd||305||2.1||2.3||236||1.6||1.9||+69|
|Inadequately described or not stated||365||2.5||2.9||634||4.4||4.5||-269|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 61.9% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 35.6% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area and NSW were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (23.7% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (24.6% compared to 18.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (35.6% compared to 31.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.1% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+609 local workers)
- No qualification (-557 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+247 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+247 local workers)