Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area, the female workforce has a lower proportion with tertiary qualifications compared to NSW.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. To provide this detail, Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area in 2011 had to be constructed from a best fit of Work Destination Zones (DZNs). While it may not be an exact match to the LGA or region boundary, it is considered close enough to allow some comparison. Users should treat this time series data with caution, however, and not compare directly with 2011 data from any other source.
|Local workers qualifications|
|Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area - All industries- Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||NSW %||Number||%||NSW %||2011 to 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||1,917||30.9||36.5||1,549||25.3||30.9||+368||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||757||12.2||13.0||622||10.2||12.3||+135||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||127||2.0||1.6||127||2.1||2.0||0||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||853||13.8||12.4||765||12.5||11.6||+88||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||192||3.1||2.9||158||2.6||2.7||+34||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||177||2.9||3.1||324||5.3||5.0||-147||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the female in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 48.3% of the female held educational qualifications, and 35.1% had no qualifications, compared with 54.0% and 30.5% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the female workforce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of female local workers with No qualifications (35.1% compared to 30.5%)
- A larger percentage of female local workers with Certificate III & IV Levels (13.8% compared to 12.4%)
- A smaller percentage of female local workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (30.9% compared to 36.5%)
- A smaller percentage of female local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (12.2% compared to 13.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the female workforce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualifications (-391 female local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degrees (+368 female local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (+135 female local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Levels (+88 female local workers)