RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to South Australia.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Educational Qualification statistics should be looked at in conjunction with Field of qualification and Occupations data for a full education analysis for the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||7,169||20.7||25.9||5,925||17.6||22.1||+1,244|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||3,771||10.9||10.6||3,371||10.0||9.4||+400|
|Certificate I and II Level||667||1.9||1.5||656||1.9||1.6||+11|
|Certificate III & IV Level||7,956||22.9||21.4||6,922||20.6||20.0||+1,034|
|Certificate Level, nfd||860||2.5||2.2||769||2.3||1.9||+91|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,053||3.0||2.7||1,298||3.9||3.9||-245|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 58.8% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 38.1% had no qualifications, compared with 61.5% and 35.8% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (20.7% compared to 25.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (38.1% compared to 35.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (22.9% compared to 21.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate I and II Level (1.9% compared to 1.5%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-1,505 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+1,244 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+1,034 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+400 local workers)