RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, 16.2% of workers were Professionals, compared to 20.2% in South Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||4,610||13.3||13.4||4,557||13.5||14.1||+53|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4,727||13.6||12.0||4,119||12.2||10.5||+608|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,756||10.8||13.4||3,845||11.4||14.4||-89|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,744||5.0||6.1||1,691||5.0||6.4||+53|
|Inadequately described or not stated||444||1.3||1.5||480||1.4||1.6||-36|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (5,615 local workers or 16.2%)
- Managers (5,474 local workers or 15.8%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (4,727 local workers or 13.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 15,816 people in total or 45.5% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, South Australia employed 20.2% as Professionals; 12.6% as Managers and 12.0% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (16.2% compared to 20.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (15.8% compared to 12.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.8% compared to 13.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (13.0% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+608 local workers)
- Professionals (+416 local workers)
- Sales Workers (+181 local workers)
- Managers (-108 local workers)