Light Regional Council
Resident workers - Hours worked
42.4% of the resident workers in Light Regional Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Light Regional Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Light Regional Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Light Regional Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||901||12.3||12.8||816||11.8||12.0||+85||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||694||9.5||10.4||686||9.9||9.8||+8||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||944||12.9||13.1||784||11.3||11.7||+160||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,264||17.3||20.6||1,106||16.0||19.8||+158||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||726||9.9||9.2||766||11.1||10.2||-40||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,185||16.2||13.1||1,182||17.1||14.5||+3||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Light Regional Council's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.7% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 59.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Light Regional Council and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (16.2% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (16.3% compared to 15.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.3% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (9.5% compared to 10.4%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Light Regional Council increased by 170 people (4.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Light Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+160 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+158 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+85 people)
- 40 hours (+49 people)