Light Regional Council
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
35.2% of All industries local workers in Light Regional Council are employed part-time and 62.9% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Light Regional Council across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Light Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||518||10.7||12.8||457||11.4||12.0||+61|
|16 hours - 24 hours||452||9.3||10.4||377||9.4||9.9||+75|
|25 hours - 34 hours||556||11.5||13.1||442||11.0||11.8||+114|
|35 hours - 39 hours||732||15.1||20.6||574||14.3||20.0||+158|
|41 hours - 48 hours||612||12.6||9.2||477||11.9||10.4||+135|
|49 hours or more||890||18.4||13.0||804||20.1||14.5||+86|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in Light Regional Council in 2016 compared to South Australia within Light Regional Council shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.2% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 62.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.2% respectively for South Australia within Light Regional Council.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in Light Regional Council and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (10.7% compared to 12.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.1% compared to 20.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (12.6% compared to 9.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (18.4% compared to 13.0%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in Light Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (+179 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+158 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (+135 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+114 local workers)