Light Regional Council
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In Light Regional Council, 18.9% of workers were Managers, compared to 20.2% in South Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Light Regional Council will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Light Regional Council;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Light Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||706||14.6||13.4||605||15.1||14.1||+101|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||382||7.9||12.0||289||7.2||10.5||+93|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||516||10.7||13.4||429||10.7||14.4||+87|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||467||9.7||6.1||302||7.6||6.4||+165|
|Inadequately described or not stated||84||1.7||1.5||55||1.4||1.6||+29|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Light Regional Council in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (915 local workers or 18.9%)
- Labourers (825 local workers or 17.1%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (706 local workers or 14.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,446 people in total or 50.6% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.6% as Managers; 11.1% as Labourers and 13.4% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Light Regional Council and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (18.9% compared to 12.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (17.1% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (14.4% compared to 20.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (5.0% compared to 9.6%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Light Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Labourers (+178 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+165 local workers)
- Professionals (+110 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+101 local workers)