There are more resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) qualified in Management and Commerce in the Balonne Shire than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the Balonne Shire's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the Balonne Shire or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the Balonne Shire, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Balonne Shire - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||0||0||1.3||0||0||1.2||--|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||0||0||2.9||0||0||2.4||--|
|Architecture and Building||0||0||0.9||0||0||0.7||--|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||0||0||0.5||3||12.5||0.5||-3|
|Management and Commerce||10||71.4||44.7||9||37.5||39.8||+1|
|Society and Culture||0||0||6.7||3||12.5||5.7||-3|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||0||0||2.1||0||0||2.1||--|
|Mixed Field Programmes||0||0||0.0||0||0||0.1||--|
|Not stated or inadequately described||0||0||1.6||0||0||2.0||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the Balonne Shire shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (10 people or 71.4%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 10 people in total or 71.4% of the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services).
In comparison, Queensland employed 44.7% in Management and Commerce.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) of the Balonne Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) qualified in Management and Commerce (71.4% compared to 44.7%)
The number of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) in the Balonne Shire decreased by 10 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the Balonne Shire was for those qualified in:
- Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (-3 resident workers)
- Society and Culture (-3 resident workers)
- Management and Commerce (+1 resident workers)