Goondiwindi Regional Council area
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers (Construction) qualified in Architecture and Building in Goondiwindi Regional Council area than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Goondiwindi Regional Council area's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Goondiwindi Regional Council area or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Goondiwindi Regional Council area, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Goondiwindi Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||0||0.0||0.4||3||1.0||0.3||-3||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||58||17.0||19.7||38||12.1||18.5||+20||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||91||26.7||31.6||86||27.5||29.5||+5||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||13||3.8||1.7||14||4.5||1.5||-1||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||16||4.7||6.7||8||2.6||5.4||+8||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||3||0.9||1.8||0||0.0||1.4||+3||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||6||1.8||1.6||3||1.0||1.6||+3||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||0||0.0||0.1||0||0.0||0.0||0||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||12||3.5||2.5||12||3.8||3.3||0||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Goondiwindi Regional Council area shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (Construction) were qualified in were:
- Architecture and Building (91 people or 26.7%)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (58 people or 17.0%)
- Management and Commerce (16 people or 4.7%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 165 people in total or 48.4% of the resident workers (Construction).
In comparison, Queensland employed 31.6% in Architecture and Building; 19.7% in Engineering and Related Technologies; and 6.7% in Management and Commerce.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Construction) of Goondiwindi Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Construction) qualified in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (3.8% compared to 1.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) qualified in Architecture and Building (26.7% compared to 31.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (17.0% compared to 19.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) qualified in Management and Commerce (4.7% compared to 6.7%)
The number of resident workers (Construction) in Goondiwindi Regional Council area increased by 28 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Construction) between 2011 and 2016 in Goondiwindi Regional Council area.