Resident workers - Hours worked
63.9% of the resident workers in Bulloo Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Bulloo Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Bulloo Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3||1.4||11.0||9||3.8||10.4||-6||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||9||4.2||9.4||6||2.5||8.8||+3||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||19||8.8||12.0||7||2.9||10.8||+12||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||27||12.5||19.2||27||11.3||18.1||0||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||16||7.4||9.4||18||7.5||10.5||-2||22007|
|49 hours or more||100||46.3||16.6||131||54.6||18.4||-31||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Bulloo Shire's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 18.1% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 76.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Bulloo Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (46.3% compared to 16.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (1.4% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (10.2% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (12.5% compared to 19.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Bulloo Shire decreased by 39 people (19.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Bulloo Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-31 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+12 people)
- Not stated (+9 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-6 people)