Resident workers - Hours worked
75.4% of the male resident workers in Bulloo Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 56.4% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Bulloo Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Bulloo Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Bulloo Shire - Males||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||0||0.0||7.3||0||0.0||6.4||0||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||4||3.3||5.5||3||2.0||4.9||+1||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||0||0.0||7.5||3||2.0||6.5||-3||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||9||7.4||18.5||10||6.8||16.9||-1||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||10||8.2||12.1||15||10.2||13.3||-5||22007|
|49 hours or more||65||53.3||23.7||93||63.3||26.6||-28||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Bulloo Shire's male resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 9.8% of the male resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 82.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 23.1% and 74.9% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the male resident workers of Bulloo Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of male resident workers worked 49 hours or more (53.3% compared to 23.7%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (7.4% compared to 18.5%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (0.0% compared to 7.5%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (0.0% compared to 7.3%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the male resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Bulloo Shire decreased by 33 people (24.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the male resident workers in Bulloo Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-28 males)
- Not stated (+6 males)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-5 males)
- None (+4 males)