RDA Darling Downs and South West Region
Resident workers - Hours worked
29.3% of the female resident workers in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region work 40 or more hours, compared to 28.9% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||8,577||15.6||15.0||8,295||15.5||14.9||+282||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||7,320||13.3||13.6||7,246||13.6||13.2||+74||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||9,412||17.1||16.8||8,873||16.6||15.6||+539||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||10,218||18.6||19.9||9,527||17.8||19.5||+691||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,522||6.4||6.5||3,593||6.7||7.3||-71||22007|
|49 hours or more||5,949||10.8||8.9||5,927||11.1||9.2||+22||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region's female resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 50.5% of the female resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 47.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 49.5% and 48.8% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the female resident workers of the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 49 hours or more (10.8% compared to 8.9%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 40 hours (12.0% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (18.6% compared to 19.9%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the female resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region increased by 818 people (3.2%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the female resident workers in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+691 females)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+539 females)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+282 females)
- Not stated (-183 females)