Resident workers - Hours worked
67.7% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in Balonne Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 55.9% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Balonne Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Balonne Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||4||6.2||5.2||8||12.9||5.2||-4||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5||7.7||5.2||0||0.0||5.4||+5||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3||4.6||7.1||6||9.7||7.1||-3||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||4||6.2||23.7||3||4.8||20.4||+1||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||13||20.0||13.7||12||19.4||14.2||+1||22007|
|49 hours or more||25||38.5||18.9||19||30.6||21.5||+6||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Balonne Shire's resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) as well as a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 18.5% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 73.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 19.7% and 79.6% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of Balonne Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked 49 hours or more (38.5% compared to 18.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked Not stated (7.7% compared to 0.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked 35 hours - 39 hours (6.2% compared to 23.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked 40 hours (9.2% compared to 23.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Balonne Shire remained stable 0 people (0.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in Balonne Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (-8 people)
- 49 hours or more (+6 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+5 people)
- Not stated (+5 people)