Goondiwindi Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
53.0% of the resident workers (All industries) in the Goondiwindi Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Goondiwindi Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Goondiwindi Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||451||9.3||11.0||446||8.8||10.4||+5|
|16 hours - 24 hours||399||8.2||9.4||417||8.2||8.8||-18|
|25 hours - 34 hours||519||10.7||12.0||528||10.4||10.8||-9|
|35 hours - 39 hours||622||12.8||19.2||573||11.3||18.1||+49|
|41 hours - 48 hours||449||9.3||9.4||458||9.1||10.5||-9|
|49 hours or more||1,358||28.0||16.6||1,537||30.4||18.4||-179|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Goondiwindi Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 31.9% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Goondiwindi Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (9.3% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (12.8% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (15.7% compared to 17.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (28.0% compared to 16.6%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Goondiwindi Regional Council area decreased by 148 people (-4.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Goondiwindi Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-179 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+49 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-18 persons)
- Not stated (-17 persons)