Goondiwindi Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
53.0% of the resident workers in Goondiwindi Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Goondiwindi Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Goondiwindi Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Goondiwindi Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||451||9.3||11.0||446||8.8||10.4||+5||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||399||8.2||9.4||417||8.2||8.8||-18||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||519||10.7||12.0||528||10.4||10.8||-9||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||622||12.8||19.2||573||11.3||18.1||+49||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||449||9.3||9.4||458||9.1||10.5||-9||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,358||28.0||16.6||1,537||30.4||18.4||-179||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Goondiwindi Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 31.9% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Goondiwindi Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (28.0% compared to 16.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (12.8% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (9.3% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (15.7% compared to 17.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Goondiwindi Regional Council area decreased by 148 people (4.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Goondiwindi Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-179 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+49 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-18 people)
- Not stated (-17 people)