Goondiwindi Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
33.0% of the female resident workers in Goondiwindi Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 28.9% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Goondiwindi Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Goondiwindi Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Goondiwindi Regional Council area - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||326||14.5||15.0||328||14.3||14.9||-2||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||305||13.6||13.6||334||14.5||13.2||-29||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||381||16.9||16.8||396||17.2||15.6||-15||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||339||15.1||19.9||314||13.7||19.5||+25||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||138||6.1||6.5||144||6.3||7.3||-6||22007|
|49 hours or more||322||14.3||8.9||337||14.7||9.2||-15||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Goondiwindi Regional Council area's female resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a similar proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 49.8% of the female resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 48.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 49.5% and 48.8% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the female resident workers of Goondiwindi Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.3% compared to 8.9%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.1% compared to 19.9%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 40 hours (12.5% compared to 13.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the female resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Goondiwindi Regional Council area decreased by 1 people (0.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the female resident workers in Goondiwindi Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-29 females)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+25 females)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (-15 females)
- 49 hours or more (-15 females)