Maranoa Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
55.1% of the resident workers in Maranoa Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 58.6% in Wholesale Trade.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Maranoa Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Maranoa Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Maranoa Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||544||8.5||11.3||486||7.2||9.3||+58||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||414||6.5||5.4||417||6.2||8.0||-3||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||540||8.5||5.9||549||8.2||6.2||-9||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||992||15.6||16.1||875||13.0||6.2||+117||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||569||8.9||13.4||585||8.7||6.8||-16||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,906||29.9||23.7||2,250||33.4||37.7||-344||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Maranoa Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Wholesale Trade shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 27.1% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 70.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 25.3% and 74.7% respectively for Wholesale Trade.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Maranoa Regional Council area and Wholesale Trade were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (29.9% compared to 23.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (16.3% compared to 21.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.9% compared to 13.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (8.5% compared to 11.3%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Maranoa Regional Council area decreased by 309 people (6.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Maranoa Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-344 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+117 people)
- Not stated (-76 people)
- 40 hours (-66 people)