Resident workers - Hours worked
48.3% of the resident workers in Murweh Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.9% in Education and Training.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Murweh Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Murweh Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Education and Training%||Number||%||Education and Training%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||173||8.4||11.4||207||9.1||12.1||-34||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||128||6.2||6.5||143||6.3||9.9||-15||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||219||10.6||20.0||189||8.3||19.8||+30||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||413||20.1||11.9||428||18.8||10.4||-15||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||155||7.5||8.1||170||7.5||11.5||-15||22007|
|49 hours or more||486||23.6||25.9||570||25.0||19.8||-84||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Murweh Shire's resident workers in 2016 compared to Education and Training shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 28.8% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 68.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 43.2% and 56.8% respectively for Education and Training.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Murweh Shire and Education and Training were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (20.1% compared to 11.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (17.2% compared to 10.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (10.6% compared to 20.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (8.4% compared to 11.4%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Murweh Shire decreased by 175 people (11.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Murweh Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-84 people)
- 40 hours (-61 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-34 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+30 people)